"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kid Quips

Ty, in response to my singing of the Popeye theme song:

"You are everything opposite Popeye is. You don't eat spinach, you don't live in a garbage can, you're not strong to the finnich, you're not even strong."

Michael, at dinner, in response to me somewhat jokingly saying my boys were not so nice to Mommy anymore:

"What are you talking about? I just said, 'nice chicken' 10 minutes ago!"

And a sweeter quote...
Jack, coming up from the basement to see Junie standing at the door, waiting for him:

"I need a kiss from my Junie-girl!"

Ty, on occasion, has remarked on Junie's appearance (not for the politically correct faint of heart!):

"I cannot even believe she is Chinese. Most Chinese people look like this (scrunches up eyes) and Junie looks like this (makes eyes really big)."

Also,
"I cannot even believe Junie is Chinese, she looks just like you, Mommy".

And, knowing Junie will have a "nose and lip revision" in the future:
"I don't think she needs any more surgery. She looks perfect to me".

Kinda makes up for the Popeye comment, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you recorded all those statements!!! SO cute and so real! What a sweet family you have~ certainly LOVE that little Junie girl. :)
    Blessings and Love !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cup runnith over with love and pride for your entire family! You and David surely could not have known the sheer joy this little "Elvis" would bring to your family! Our family! There are just not words to describe how amazing she is - everyone has to see her for themselves to believe her! What a treasure. Thank YOU for blessing your whole family with this extreme act of love, adoption! love you so,Mom

    ReplyDelete