"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oh, my heart.

Conversation with Junie yesterday:

Me (folding laundry in family room. Junie getting up from table before her pudding is gone and coming in my direction):  Don't get up from the table Junie or your snack time is going to be over.

Junie:  I just want to give you a hug and a kiss, Mommy.

Me (not ever turning that down):  OK, come here. 

Me (hugging her):  I prayed for you everyday.

Junie:  Why?

Me:  Because I loved you before I even knew you.

Junie:  I missed'ed you in China, Mommy.

Me:  I missed you too, Junie.

No comments:

Post a Comment