"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Finding her voice



Miss Junie is coming along wonderfully in her speech. We are so proud of her. Two weeks ago, she had a check-up with her doctor at Children's Healthcare. He said she sounded perfect and shouldn't have any problems with her speech! She loves loves loves her Babies Can't Wait speech teacher and I think the feeling is mutual.

She is saying more and more and copies everything she hears. Which is sometimes great and sometimes, in a house full of boys, not so great.

Some of the funniest things she says now:

"Gop, Mommy!" = Stop, Mommy (or anyone else she wants to direct this to)

"nem-mind"= nevermind

"Her-ro, Mommy" = hello, mommy (which has replaced the "hi, mommy")

"oh my goss" = oh my gosh

"ice!" (usually spoken emphatically) = ice cream (she SO takes after me!)

"geep" = sleep

"wake" = awake

"ah moing" = good morning

"bup geeks" = butt cheeks (why would someone with such a limited number of words be saying this? you may ask. 3 brothers, that's why!)

And the best and most hilarious one yet: "Mo-mosh" = JUNIE!

We didn't know what she was saying the first MANY times she said Mo-mosh but as she was watching Baby Mozart in the car the other day, she was saying it over and over. When I looked back at her, she was pointing to herself. I looked at the screen and it was showing a toy that she has. And when I said, "oh, is that Junie's?", she quickly responded, "yesh, Mo-Mosh". Just to confirm, I had her point to and name the brothers and then herself in a photo and sure enough, she is "Mo-mosh". I will be trying to get this on video. Too cute and funny!

She is still WAY behind in her speech, not at a 2.5 year level yet. And at times she will come to me and just babble away- a really long story or sentence and I feel bad that I have NO idea what she is saying. But, I am happy to be experiencing this stage with her.

Her speech is improving on what seems like a daily basis. She is stringing 2 and 3 words together more often. Two weeks ago she would say, "tank you", but now she will say, "tank you, mommy" (or whoever handed her the ice cream! :))

She doesn't really get frustrated because when she really wants something, we can always tell what it is. :)

She is a funny girl and cracks us up all day long. She is loving having the boys home for summer and is really going to miss them when they go back to school. And, even though I am always sad when they go back to school, I am looking forward to being able to have some quiet moments with Mo-mosh all to myself again.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Tell "Mo-Mosh" we love her name! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious one~ so beautiful and those long legs~ wow!!! So glad she is doing well with her speech and it will continue to grow! Miss you and hope you are ok. Lunch sometime?
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete