"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rope way

This is michael again because my mom refuses to blog and is making me but, I hope this post suits your fancy. 

After another great night sleep on a futon I was again woken up by my mom. We had plans to go to the Gozaisho Rope Way. We had another Japanese style breakfast and after that we were off on our mini road trip. We stopped at a mini stop (a convenience store) and bought many snacks. We had what they called a "snack party" in the car with the snacks from the mini stop and with the many snacks in the car prior to the stop. I, myself, am a big fan of the snack party. When we got to Gozaisho we busted into a pack of pee pees (a mint that whistles when you blow into the whole in the middle.) After we got our tickets for the rope way we went to at the bottom of the mountain and got bread and delicious soft cream. I am also a big fan of soft cream. After we finished our soft cream we did some fun coin tricks and then got on the rope way. It took about 10 minutes for the trip up the mountain. Kaho was very scared on the rope way and she would yell things in Japanese. Setsuko would translate these words and all of them would turn up all along the lines of this,"I'M SCARED", "SOMEONE HELP." She's a cutie pie. She started fake crying and Mai started cracking up and nana joined in a little later. We reached the top at 4,000ish feet and saw the beautiful view. The kids wrote a postcard to jack, Ty, and Junie. After that we rode a one person seat ski lift to another part of the mountain. My mom was paralyzed with fear. It was the smallest, closest to the ground ski lift I have ever seen. I see where she's coming from though. It does take a lot of bravery to maintain a height of 4 ft off the ground and go a speed of 2 1/2 miles per hour. We got to the other side of the mountain and we played around on the rocks. We had a lunch of bread that we got from the same store we got soft cream from. It was soooooooo good. We walked back to the main place and we rode back down. Of course I was the only one to get more soft cream. We rode back home and made some sushi. My mom forced me to eat some sushi so when she went to the bathroom I ate it all at once and everyone cracked up. Woo hoo I'm finally funny to someone! Of course another evening of chasing the girls around and then another good night sleep on the futon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment