"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Monday, April 12, 2010

Life's a Beach!

We were very fortunate to be able to use my dad's condo in Destin for Spring Break! The weather could not have been more perfect the entire time.



The condo overlooks the pool so the boys spent LOTS of time there- in the pool and in the hot tub. I would occasionally look up from my AWESOME book Eat, Pray, Love to see them all sitting in the hot tub, sometimes with several grownups or teenagers. Hilarious!Since the pool water and the ocean was way too cold for me, I spent a LOT of time reading-something I don't spend enough time doing. It was great! We also spent a lot of time snuggling at night- my favorite thing to do with my boys!



I feel I can speak for the entire family when I say we ate way too much! Fast food on the way down, Jordano's pizza the first night, La Paz with my stepsister Karen and her hubby Kevin, The Red Bar in Grayton beach twice and The Donut Hole 3- yes 3, times! Before our trip David and I decided that donuts for b'fast is a little crazy and we would be "healthier" and have them as dessert instead. So, after lunch on our 1st day, we drove to the beloved restaurant with visions of jelly donuts and angels filling our heads. It was 2:00 (they are open until 11:00 p.m.) and they were completely out of donuts. ALL DONUTS. We walk out of the donut shop and Jack, who will be 9 this week (but whose love of sweets is rivaled only by his Aunt Linda's), BURSTS into tears! Needless to say, we had donuts for breakfast the next 3 mornings! When we were pulling out of town on our last day the kids said, "we want a souvenir, what's our souvenir?" to which I immediately responded, "the 5 pounds you each gained". Gotta say though, it was worth it!




Smiling in anicipation. We waited in line for these donuts for 20 minutes- at 7:30 in the morning. So worth it!



The Red Bar!


My 3 Sons

This pretty much sums it up!


We spent hours on the beach. The boys dug holes and trenches, swam in the ocean, played bocce ball, and we ALL played two hand touch. David laughed really hard at how hard I was running on the beach to try to "tackle" Michael. My competitive streak is finally showing! BTW, football on the beach made me aware of some underused muscles in my legs. wowsers!
Jack- lover of the beach. And donuts.


Even with the freezing water temps, the boys played for hours in the pool. Their favorite activities are silly jumping contests and having Daddy throw the football with them or having Daddy throw them. They learned early that Mommy is good for things like bedtime, kissing boo-boos, etc. but Daddy is the man you want at the pool!



Future Belly Flop Olympian- Ty Gruskin





Boy oh boy does this boy love his Daddy!

It's amazing how time flies when you're just relaxing, enjoying the beach and your family. How I wish Spring Break could be just a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed with your new blogging skills!! Looks like you had a great vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You figured it out! Good job. Gotta say, the very last pic is my fav!

    ReplyDelete