"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Friday, April 16, 2010

Red Threads

There is a Chinese proverb that we Chinese adopters sometimes cling to. It says, "An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb.

As waiting parents, we (at least I) may look for, and inexplicably notice "red threads". My mom noticed several right after we got our referral. After I sent off my first dossier paperwork to China I went to the kids' school one day. I parked by a big patch of clovers. I have NEVER in my life found a four leaf clover but decided this would certainly be the day. It would be my good omen, my Red Thread. So, I bent down to start my search for my clover and right there in the middle of the patch of clovers was a ladybug! For those who don't know, the ladybug is a symbol of little girls adopted from China. I was even happier to find a ladybug than a clover.

Well, as I said in my "Jack" post yesterday, our first LID was on his birthday two years ago. Very exciting! We are waiting now for our dossier to be transferred and to receive a "new" LID. It's all part of the time consuming, frustrating process. Well, I told my mom on Tuesday, "I'm getting some news this week. I can feel it". Secretly (or not so much) I was hoping for our LID to come on Jack's birthday. So, I admit, I was a little disappointed when I didn't hear anything from the agency yesterday.

Imagine my surprise, delight, and goose bumps when I read my emails this A.M. and found this:

Dear Ashley:
Your new LID is April 15th, 2010.
Regards,
Xiaoqing

April 15! Jack's birthday! Bring on the Red Thread! And bring on that Baby! :)







4 comments:

  1. YAY! Just like you thought! Perfect! Yes, definitely, bring on that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Now come on LOA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name of your blog! So thankful God brought us together as friends and tied it with a Red Thread!!! I am so excited we both have new LIDs now and begin our next wait. Let's see if we get LOA by May 31. Whoo hoo!!!
    Blessings!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! We were thrilled to receive word of our LIDs today!

    What a neat Red Thread this is for you!

    I'll be followig your blog.

    ReplyDelete