"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Friday, May 7, 2010

The Best Mother's Day Gift!

Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25


My soul was growing weary, I didn't even realize how close to the surface all of my emotions are...

Last Saturday while I was at my mom's, she helped me put together an order for a care package for "Baby G" (as my friend Beth refers to her). I have just been on pins and needles since, waiting for some news, hoping for some updated pictures of our little girl.

So, when I got up this A.M., I was very excited to see an email from Ann at Red Threads. It had an attachment and the email said, "Ashley, here are the updated pictures of Hai Qiong and a picture of the package you sent and some updated information". All good...except the only picture attached was one of the package. I could see (as I frantically zoomed in on the luggage tag-type thingy on the bag) that it was a different picture than the ones I have.




I emailed Ann back and calmly (well, it sounded calm to her because it was an email) explained to her that there were no pictures of my girl and could she please send them if she does, in fact, have them, thankyouverymuch!



And then I proceeded to check my emails every 5 seconds (I mean minutes) until a new email arrived from Ann and my oh-so-weary soul was refreshed.





At that moment the floodgates opened (it's a good thing my kids weren't home but my garage sale customers may have been a little alarmed at my watery eyes and red nose) and I realized my emotions are just barely in check these days. Also, this is more proof that this child that I already love so much is not just merely a figment of my imagination, a mirage in the desert but that she is in fact in China right now, growing bigger and cuter every day without the love of her own family- which every child deserves.




But, I am happy to see her looking so beautiful, so healthy and oh-so-kissable. It will have to do for now- until I can kiss those cheeks myself, I'll imagine what they will feel like when I do.






Happy Mother's Day to me and to all of you Moms out there!

2 comments:

  1. She is SO precious!! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GULP! Mema, did the same thing when I saw the new photo of our grandbaby - cry, cry, cry, so, you all know, AShley comes by this honestly! While you may not be quite ready for her, Ashley, i know your heart is ready and about to burst to start kissing those great kissable cheeks! Me too! This is probably more exciting then waiting for a natural birth? What do you all think? I couldn't be more excited - no way!

    ReplyDelete