"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Updates...Garage Sale

I have so much to catch up on that, like my messy house, I don't know where to begin! But, I don't want to forget my garage sale success so will start with that (plus I don't have to upload pictures for this update!)
I was so fortunate to have the help (and donations of stuff) of my mom and my Aunt Carolyn so not only would we make tons of $ but have some fun girl time too. Well, my aunt came over on Wednesday to bring some folding tables but had to go to a doctor appointment for some chest pains she'd been having. She was attributing them to Atlanta's high pollen count but wanted to be sure. She ended up in Northside Hospital getting a stent in a major artery! That girl will do anything to get out of a garage sale!
The show must go on, so I still had the sale and Thursday (an admittedly odd day for a garage sale) proved to be our most lucrative day. Friday and Saturday were good too and I made $600 that weekend!
With my Aunt's encouragement, I decided to have the sale one more time (everything was already in the garage and priced after all!). And there was Aunt Carolyn 2 weeks post-stent, helping me sell my junk! And that weekend, even with my sporadic hours (hello, soccer games!), slow business and undeniably cheap customers, I managed to make $250. So, in all $850 and my most profitable garage sale by far! I am SO happy with that num$er! There was still plenty 'o stuff in my garage but decided to donate the rest for fear of being labeled the "Sanford and Son" of the neighborhood.
I couldn't have done it without the help of my mom and aunt and their generous donations of their time garage sale treasures! Thank you!
Can I have my baby now?

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should be worried about being Sanford & Son. My husband said the exact same thing last week as I brought more stuff home for another yard sale. He said the neighbors either think Sanford & Son live her or I am the next candidate for the reality show "hoarders".

    Your jewelry is beautiful. Blessings on your journey to your daughter. Following along!

    ReplyDelete