"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Japan, baby!

After a loooong trip, we are here. 

My friend was stuck in horrible traffic jam when we landed.  We had to take a "high speed boat" to Tsu city. And then a 40 minute car ride to her house. After 18 hour flight and 1 1/2 hours waiting at airport for her and boat.  Long day!

This morning we walked my friend's daughter,Kaho, to kindergarten. The school is so nice and the classroom SO well-equipped with wonderful things including a piano (and each child has their own mini keyboard), huge wooden blocks, lots of different centers, etc. 

The best part though was when the teacher asked if michael and I are brother/sister!!  :). LOVE IT!  Apparently, I look younger in Japan!  

Then got picked up by friends Hidemi and Sachiko who took us to Nara. We saw Nara Park, fed the deer and visited Todaiji temple and Horyuji temple.Todaiji    temple is my favorite and also the largest wooden structure in the world and home to the "Big Buddha".   Tonight we sleep at my friend's house-the temple- and are on out way there now.   Michael asleep next to me in car. He Is tired but so excited about the gigantic sword he bought today!  Lol!  Hope he can check it at airport because I am sure he can't carry-on a sword!  

Can only get the photos from my phone onto blog now so here goes...

At airport, Mt Fuji from the airplane (we almost missed it as they didn't announce it!), michael diggin' the cool stuff on the airplane, and getting coffee this morning (6:30), just a short walk from Setsuko's house.  






1 comment:

  1. WOW, I am SO jealous!!! Have a great trip, I look forward to your frequent updates, hint hint :)

    ReplyDelete