"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Friday, August 13, 2010

Homeward Bound~ Pray!

I am blogging here from the garden hotel. We are packing what we can while junie naps. I am gettng more and more anxious by the minute about the flight with junie, life once we get home etc. David is dealing with his boredom by snacking on seaweed flavored pringles even though he has TD! lol!

This has been the adventure of a lifetime. seeing junebugs emerge from her shell is simply not something I can put into words. As David said, "you just couldn't describe this to someone". So true.

We are taking a private car to hong kong (thank you David for the upgrade) around 4. Our flight leaves tomorrow am at 9. I am so ready to get home to my boys. and tap water that I can drink without boiling and all my other creature comforts (hello body pillow!).

But I am not sure if I am ready to say goodbye to this country. This strange and beautiful country that gave me a daughter. I do not know when I will ever return but I know that China will hold a very special place in my heart forever.

We have been so fortunate to have travelled with the Studdards, Whites, Settles and James and Noah. I hope to keep up with our new friends and can't wait to watch their children grow and flourish too.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we head home. Junie will become a US citizen at our first point of entry, in the city where I was born, Detroit.

Looking forward to catching up with you all and intoducing Miss June Meili to everyone!

Peace out from China and LOTS and LOTS of Love,
Ash

6 comments:

  1. Blessings to you all as you make the journey home. Home to all the people who love you and will love watching Junie grow and flourish too! So thankful Junie is in your arms and can't wait to catch up soon!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, we all LOVED your blog today with the dear video of Junie eating! The boys were glued to the computer screen and delight in seeing her! Take a deep breath, the flight will be your last chance to really relax and have peace and quiet for a while, so enjoy every minute. We are planning our last hours here, our return to your house tomorrow and our arrival at the airport to meet you all. To say we can't wait is an understatement. What a souvenir you are bringing home. Junie will love her life as a Gruskin and isn't that special that she'll be come a citizen in Detroit!
    God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait to see you all and meet little Junebug!! So cute....loved her video, and pointing at David in the video. Safe travels, and love to you all! See you soon as a family of 6!! xoxox Allison :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God bless your journey home. I'll be praying. Safe travels and happy homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... I know what you mean about not wanting to leave in one way but anxiously waiting to see your family! China does hold and always will hold a special place in my heart!!! I can't wait to see your Junebug!!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK - i have to post again as don't know when Ashley will be able to do so. They are home, Junie is more adorable and lay back then we could have imagined. Mommie and Daddy exhausted beyond description I'd say, right Ashley?, but oh so happy to be home to those sweet boys. They LOVED their sister instantly and each cannot wait to get their hands on her!
    Sign me: one happy and excited grandma (who will really sleep in tomorrow) and, miss her boys!

    ReplyDelete