"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -----Martin Luther King, Jr.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break."
- ancient Chinese belief

Sunday, August 1, 2010

In Guangzhou!

We are in Gaungzhou! Our flight was smooth and the Garden Hotel is heaven! Nice, clean and fancy-shmancy! We have a nice BIG suite with a separate "family room" with a flat screen, sofa and chair, table and desk/office area! We love it. We also love the "feel" of Guangzhou. It feels so much more international with more familiar signs, KFC (told you Michael!), 7-11, Starbucks and Pizza Hut to name a few. I swore I would never eat at a chain when in China but the food has not been quite what I expected and the Big Mac tasted pretty yummy tonight! :)
We are meeting Junie tomorrow at 2:30! Our guide, Simon, is picking us up at 2:00. We need to make a few copies and get passport pictures made before then.
I am a bundle of nerves and almost started crying when we walked into our room and saw the crib set up! :) It is actually happening and I cannot believe it! I feel like I am walking around in a dream. Tomorrow I am meeting my daughter!
We found out that we will be meeting Junie with several other families. I think he said there will be about 40 people there together. Junie will be the youngest in our group. Another BAAS family is checking into the hotel tonight and I cannot wait to meet them!
I will post as soon as I can but am not actually planning on letting go of Junie for days! Maybe I'll have David blog...
Next time I'll be posting as a mother of 4!

11 comments:

  1. We are SO excited for you!!! Can't wait to see sweet Junie in your arms!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chills! Can't wait....and you BEST post soon, type with one hand and hold that precious girl in your other :) It can be done! Happy Junie Day! Again, you made me laugh...I had not eaten a Big Mac in years but boy it did taste too good for words when we were in China!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you BETTER post!!! With pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you got some sleep last night!!! You are probably up by now..it must be 7:30 am there and pm here! Hallie keeps asking me what time is it in China...we keep thinking about what Junie is doing right now...I just told her that she must be leaving her orphanage right now to make the car trip to you! VERY EXCITING! Hallie wants me to wake her up in the middle of the night if we are skyping you! She has told me about 3 times to be sure to wake her up!!! so cute!!! CANT WAIT CANT WAIT CANT WAIT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed how detailed you have been Ashley. I cannot wait to see pictures of you, David and your daughter. What an exciting day this is, the fabric of your lives changed forever, when you hold that baby girl in your arms. Thoughts, prayers, and blessings sent your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying hard for your baby girl as I lay down tonight. And girlfriend, you BETTER post!! And with some pics please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. o.k. i can't sleep, but everyone in our house wants to be woken up, whatever the time, to skype with you all when you can! So...CALL US on the phone whenever you can skype!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey....we have skype too...cloughfamilyof4....that would be so fun to skype and see you and Junie!! Thinking about you as I am about to head off to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am up and thinking about you and David and Junie. What a joyous day this is. Hugs and kisses to you 3.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Up early, checking every minute....can't wait! And do include in your post what the boys had to say about their new little sister! They are going to be sooo wrapped around her little tiny finger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! So, so excited for you! Can't imagine seeing that crib in the room. :)

    ReplyDelete